Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Always Damask Diva's Blog Hop

If you came from Tammy's Blog, you are in the right place. If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Divas site to find the complete list of blog hop participants
 
This month we are using the "For Always" paper pack from Close to My Heart.  This is one of my favorite packets of all time. 
 

This card I just love.  The  pattern I used is from "Make it from the Heart, Volume1", pg 44.  The base of the card is the Ruby cardstock (5 1/2 x 4 1/4).  I cut 6 (1 1/2x 1 1/2) squares then cut them in half.  I used a strip of the "Shimmer Trim, Black", and placed it down the middle of the card.  The word "Smitten" is from the stamp of the month "Happy Valentine's".  I stamped it in black ink and used ruby ink around the edges.  The red and yellow flower are from the "For Always Assortment".  And the pearl pin is from the "Bling Assortment". 



 
For this card I also used the Ruby cardstock (one of my favorite new colors).  It's was also cut to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. The cake stamp is from "The Happy Couple" set.  I stamped in in slate and then used the wonderful Artiste Close to my Heart Cartridge to cut out the scallops. The bell on the top of the cake is also from the "The Happy Couple" set, which I colored in with Slate ink and Ruby ink for the bow.  The grey flower in the lower left corner is from the "Bliss Assortment".  It's a simple card but you know exactly what it's for. 

The next blog on the list is Cydney. Hope you have a great time on our hop and checking out all the creations using "For Always" paper packet from Close to my Heart. If you get lost, just hop on over to Damask Divas' site for the full list.”
Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping.

10 comments:

  1. These are great! I love how you iced the cake with the cricut cuts! I have to agree with you, I am loving the Ruby too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Great Job! I also have to agree about the new Ruby color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, Smitten is correct!! I am feeling an effect from these cards, pure delight...now I want the cake to become 3D, can you make it taste like White Chocolate Almond please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! Love the card with smitten on it. It just calls out to me. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty cards, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Ruby with the For Always! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red really makes the black and white pop. Love the wedding cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love the Ruby with this paper pack. You did an amazing job

    ReplyDelete